18 November 2013

Drugs Just Want To Be Sold

The sale of banned items is as old as organized society, but until the Internet it was a niche with complex distribution and physical points of sale. And yet government still tries to play Whack-A Mole, attempting to shut down such things as Canadian drugs at way cheaper than US prices, gambling, and various "dark" markets, including the infamous Silk Road, run by the Dread Pirate Roberts. NY Times

But just as, in legal markets, there are always those in banks and Wall Street seeking to push the limits for the sake of making buckets of dough, there are those, in illegal markets, who will do the same. It would be simpler, cheaper, and more efficient to legalize and regulate/tax drugs, because the Internet will continue to make it easy for frictionless commerce.

2 comments:

Books and Manuals said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often..

rachelle madrigal
www.imarksweb.org

Phillip Gordon said...

Hi Rachelle: sorry it took me so long to reply; I've gotten so few comments I forget to check ;-) Glad you like my rants and raves. Best, Phillip